Thanks for checking out Fido Factor, the ultimate guide to dog friendly locations!
The goal of Fido Factor is to:
- To make dog friendly policies the norm rather than the exception. It's our magical little dream that dogs will eventually be welcome everywhere!
- Provide dog owners with information on which places are dog friendly and how to visit each safely.
- Let the community determine which dog friendly spots are the best of the best.
Here is what you can do on Fido Factor:
- Find local dog friendly restaurants, stores, bars, parks, lodging and attractions as well as pet stores and dog services!
Use your iPhone or smartphone to find dog friendly locations on the go and submit reviews and add locations through our
free iPhone/iPod Touch application.
- Learn important dog policy information for each location, e.g. permitted dog size, leash policy.
- Become a local ambassador and add to your city's dog friendly listings. Our system supports the entire country, but we need your help adding locations. If you know a place is dog friendly that we don't have, plug it in!
- Read and write dog-specific reviews for each location you visit.
- Share your reviews with your Facebook friends through Facebook Connect.
- Post questions and let your opinion be heard in our forums.
- If you're local to the Bay Area, take advantage of the Fido Factor San Francisco SPCA training discounts.
- Charitably support The SF/SPCA when you add or review locations in our home base of San Francisco.
Justin loves dogs. He's the guy who stops you on the street and insists on petting your dog. Justin came up with concept for Fido Factor after dog-sitting for a friend. He didn't see why "dog time" needed to end at the front door. Long story short, and hundreds of dog friendly locations later, Justin's vision of making San Francisco the most dog friendly city in the country is a reality.
- Columbus, OH
- Alma Mater:
- University of Cincinnati
- Irish Terrier
When Ketu was 7, he built a dog house with his dad for his labrador, Muffin. Unfortunately, it didn't quite meet Muffin's standards and she never went inside. Luckily it doubled as a super-awesome fort for little Ketu. Undeterred, Ketu has been building stuff ever since. Like this website! (Major props if anyone knows what 70s/80s sit-com the dog name "Muffin" came from)
- Porterville, CA
- Alma Mater:
- Basset Hound
Growing up Garrett owned a number of friendly rescue dogs. Life after college in New York and Boston wasn't exactly conducive to having a dog. After graduating from MIT Sloan, getting married, and moving to San Francisco he became the parent of a happy-go-lucky Vizsla puppy, Captain. Together they started exploring the San Francisco Bay Area one park at time and decided that there must be a better way to find dog friendly locations. You can find Captain, Kristen, & Garrett out at the SOMA dog parks almost anytime of day (or at least it seems that way when you're trying to wear out an energetic Vizsla).
- Richmond, IN
- Alma Mater:
- Middlebury College
Various folks and businesses that have helped us out along the way:
- Mia Silverman
- Rebecca, Tina, Laura, and everyone at the SF/SPCA
- Dog Eared Books
- Flight 001
- Jill Schneider
- Dustin Schubert
- Rogue Ales Public House
- Spike's Coffees & Teas
- Stuart Moore Gallery of Designer Jewelry
- Terra Mia Ceramic Studios
Dog Time Media